Up to Date News

Independent Statistical Studies And Assessments

Exciting New Research in Autoimmune Diseases

The World's First Fully Clinically Documented Successful Clinical Recoveries From Autoimmune Chron's Disease

Chron's disease Protocol
Ulcerative colitis Protocol
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Protocol

Patients' Own Reports - New Recovered Patient's Reports Continually Being Added.

Canadian Pilot Study

Washington Medical School Research

London: St George Hospital Research

The CFIDS Protocol Contacts In Various Countries

Independent medical professionals' comments'

UK CFIDS Health Web Site

Dr Nash Petrovic MD in World Media

Dr Nash Petrovic MD in World Media: BBC Panorama Programme

German National Encyclopedia Entry - Dr. Nash Petrovic MD, Global Leader in the CFIDS Field

USA Federal and Drug Administration (FDA) Petrovic CFIDS Health Centre Registration Compliance 2019 (2008-2019)

Famous and Prominent International Clients and Celebrities

The Petrovic CFS Study 1996
Comments on the 1996 Study
January 1999

Characteristics of Patients Included in the Study

  • All patients had been previously diagnosed as CFS sufferers.
  • They had all described symptoms or physical signs of CFS with a period of fatigue that had lasted at least six months prior to beginning the programme.
  • Duration of the CFS syndrome had been between 3 and 8 years with the exception of one patient whose CFS syndrome pre-existed for ten years and two patients who had been suffering for 12 years.

All patients had been previously treated for CFS by various methods including:

  • Immunoglobulins
  • Various combinations of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, interferon, herbs, adaptogens, etc.
  • Symptoms of anxiety, panic attacks and depression had been treated with antidepressants, tranquilizers, one patient even having been exposed to electro-convulsive treatment
  • Detox-programmes, diets etc
  • There had been no lasting benefit from any of these approaches

Although there are no specific blood tests for CFS, all patients have been diagnosed previously with at least one of the following groups of viruses:

  • Cytomegalo
  • Coxsackie
  • Epstein Barr

Symptoms and Physical Signs Scrutinized

  • Headaches
  • Memory lapses/concentrating problems
  • Depression
  • Interrupted sleeping pattern accompanied with nightmares
  • Mood swings
  • Panic attacks
  • Blurred vision
  • Stiff neck
  • Tense shoulders
  • Heart palpitations
  • Digestion problems
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Muscle aching and/or "Pins and needles " phenomena in the muscles.
  • Fatigue
  • Prolonged fatigue after exercise
  • Waking up tired in the morning
  • Sore throat
  • Mild fever

Results of the '96 Study

Simultaneous improvement of all CFS-related symptoms and physical signs starts from virtually the very first day of this programme with either faster recovery - remarkable improvement after 3-4 days, or slightly slower recovery type- gradual improvement over the first two weeks of the programme with accelerated improvement of the condition after 14 days. All (100%) clients report excellent improvements after only 30 days 20% of the patients report full stabilization of the condition after 60 days ( two months ).

A11 ( 100% ) of the tested clients have been able to fully resume their previous activities after the completion of Dr. Petrovic's course.

  • Headaches - In 90% of patients, improvement starts during the first 72 hours ( three days) in the remaining 10% after 3 days with a definite disappearance after two weeks in all (100%) of the tested clients.(graph)
  • Memory lapses - Dramatic improvement in 50% of the patients happens during the first 7 days of the programme. In the other 50% gradual improvement is recorded from the beginning of the programme with a definite remarkable restoration of the short and long-term memory capacity after 60 days. (graph)
  • Depression is substantially reduced within the 1st 15 days of the programme, with the full disappearance in 3-4 weeks from the beginning of the programme in 100% of the patients. There are no relapses to depression in the control period lasting at least 12 moths. (graph)
  • Interrupted sleeping pattern accompanied with nightmares - definite disappearance between the fourth and tenth day of beginning of the programme. In 100% of the patients nightmares are replaced by "interesting but pleasant" or "pleasant" dreams after approximately 14 days.
  • Mood swings - In 100% of patients improvement starts within the first 72 hours with a definite stabilization ( total absence of the mood swings) after approximately 15 days.
  • Panic attacks disappear after 7-14 days in 100% of the patients. There are no relapses to depression in the control period lasting at least 12 moths.
  • Blurred vision - in 50% of the patients definitely improves after the first 30 days of the programme. In the other 50% it is a gradual improvement over the next 30 days. All (100 %) of the tested patients report a definite improvement after the completed course.
  • Stiff neck - In 50% of patients, improvement starts during the first week of this programme, in remaining 50% improvement starts after 7 days of the programme with a definite disappearance after 30 days in all (100%) of the tested clients. (graph)
  • Tense shoulders - improvements in this category are identical to those described in 8.
  • Heart palpitations - In (100 %) of patients, if previously frequent, are reduced to one or two "episodes" in the second week. In (100 %) of the tested patients , the 3rd and fourth weeks are free of palpitations.
  • Digestion problems either in the form of diarrhoea or constipation are normalized after approximately 14 days in 100% of the patients.
  • Nausea - Disappears after 5-7 days in all ( 100%) of patients. (graph)
  • Dizziness - Disappears after 5-7 days in all ( 100%) of patients. (graph)
  • Muscle ache and/or "Pins and Needles" is substantially reduced in first 10 days of the programme, with full disappearance after 30 days without relapses in the control period lasting at least 12 moths. (graph).
  • Fatigue - Improves on a daily basis with a marked elevation in 50% of patients after 7 days and the other 50% after 14 days. and with a complete absence of fatigue in 80% of patients after 30 days and in the other 20% between 30 and 60 days. (graph)
  • Prolonged fatigue after exercise. Is substantially reduced on a daily basis with the full the full disappearance in 50% of the patients after 4-5 weeks from the beginning of the programme and the reaming 50% after 7-8 weeks.
  • Sore throat - Definite improvement during the first week with a remarkable improvement and eventually full disappearance after 7-14 days there is no reoccurrence of any symptoms of the sore throat, occasional sore throat infections are possible due to respiratory infections.
  • Mild fever - -Is substantially reduced during the first seven days of the programme with a definite disappearance after 10-17 days. (graph)

Comments on '96 Study added Jan 1999

  • Patients involved in this Study were all local RSA patients who fully conformed to the minimum 80% recommended CDC CFIDS diagnostic criteria. In addition all patients were diagnosed with CFIDS by one or several independent medical experts before presentation.
  • Majority of participants in this Pilot Study (95%) were not exposed to any lengthy scheduled drug- (i.e. antibiotics, antidepressants, homeophatic etc.) based treatment prior to embarking on Dr Petrovic's programme. According to Dr T.A. Kilroe-Smith this minimized any potential xenobiotic related metabolic damages prior to embarking on the Petrovic Protocol for CFIDS.
  • Although many of them were seriously affected by CFIDS, the majority of patients (95%) were able to sustain fairly limited part-time professional activity ranging from 3 to 5 hours per day. All other activities, social, family, etc, were virtually non-existent.
  • Patients' programmes were adapted on a weekly basis according to the assessment of the overall development and fluctuation of their CFIDS symptoms.
  • Assessment of the symptoms (graphs, average duration etc.) was done according to patients' subjective evaluation and perception of their recovery progress. All patients were regularly interviewed in terms of the expanded group/list of CDC CFIDS diagnostic criteria.
  • Please note that the average recovery response in completely bedridden patients may take a longer period of time. Many patients in this category are advised to continue with the follow-up procedure for app. 6 to 12 months upon completion of their initial course. This specifically pertains to all bedridden CFIDS patients with high levels of previously induced xenobiotic metabolic damages. Please see Dr T.A. Kilroe-Smith's '98 Study Report.
  • All patients who participated in Dr Petrovic' Pilot Study are still being scrutinised. Also it is very significant that not a single patient relapsed after the treatment.
  • Two initially treated RSA patients /E. Mayer and C. Kaspersen/ who recovered completely from their CFIDS in 1994 and 1995 did not experience any deterioration of their health during '94/95 to '99 period. This is very significant as it indicates that the 'Petrovic CFIDS Programme Protocol' creates permanent therapeutical results.